The Village of La Grange Finance Department is accepting applications from qualified individuals for a part-time Cashier/Account Clerk position
53 S. La Grange Rd.
Ph: (708) 579-2300
Fx: (708) 579-0980
Monday - Friday
8:30 am - 5:00 pm
(25 hours). Click here
for more information on this position. Click here
for a copy of the Village of La Grange Application for Employment, which must be submitted for consideration.
The Village of La Grange Finance Department is the recipient of the Government Finance Officers Association
of the United States and Canada (GFOA) Distinguished Budget Presentation Award for the fiscal years of 1995-96 through 2016-17. In order to qualify for this award, the Village's budget document was judged to be proficient in several categories including:
Achievement for Excellence
- Financial planning
- Policy documentation
In addition, the Finance Department is the recipient of the GFOA Certificate of Achievement for Excellence in Financial Reporting for the fiscal years of 1996-97 through 2015-16. In order to receive this prestigious award, a municipality must publish an easily readable and efficiently organized comprehensive annual financial report. This report must satisfy both generally accepted accounting principles and applicable legal requirements.
The Finance Department is responsible for the Village's revenues including taxes, fees, bills, and all other monetary concerns. Department responsibilities include:
- Handling all billing matters including water, licenses, Village stickers, special assessments, and parking decals
- Preparing, issuing, and administering the annual budget
- Providing the public, Village Board, and staff with the financial analysis needed to develop appropriate policies
- Safeguarding Village assets through adherence to sound financial management practices and procedures
- Tracking all Village revenues to ensure both accuracy and safety