- $35 non-refundable application fee
- U.S. citizenship
- No felony convictions
- 21 and under 35 years of age by time of application, unless exempt by state statute
- Valid IL driver’s license, or ability to obtain such license
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- 60 semester hours from an accredited college or university by time of appointment
- Good moral character, of temperate habits, and of sound health
- Physically able to perform the duties of the position of Police Officer
- Must meet the requirements of a background check
- Offer of employment conditional upon successfully completing a physical exam, physiological and polygraph tests, background check and a drug/alcohol screening
- Must hold a valid POWER Card issued within one year prior to written exam (June 9, 2018). POWER Cards are considered valid if dated 6/9/17-6/9/18 only.
Required documentation due May 9, 2018 by 4:00 p.m. (not accepted via email/fax; documentation must be hand delivered or mailed):
- Confirmed Online Application – available after purchase. Please visit https://iosolutions.com/product/la-grange-il-police-officer-application/ for more information.
- Consent and Release Agreement (2 pages) – available after purchase
- Copy of high school diploma or GED
- Copy of valid IL driver’s license
- Copy of birth record as proof of citizenship – can include: U.S. County/State birth certificate, U.S. Passport, or Naturalization papers
- Copy of Valid POWER test card dated 6.9.17 – 6.9.18
- If applicable, DD-214 (long form)
- If applicable, Copy of ILETSB certification
Testing and Orientation Information:
Candidates must attend the mandatory orientation and written examination on SATURDAY, JUNE 9, 2018. Please arrive no later than 8:30 a.m. with a photo ID (driver’s license, state ID, military ID) to sign-in. Test will be held in La Grange, IL. Exact location will be released at a later time.
Application Process Information:
When you have completed the online application you will receive a confirmation number. You will also need to print and sign the required release form(s) and gather the required documentation (listed above) for submission to IOS Recruitment by 4:00 p.m. on 5/9/18. Failure to complete any portion of the application process with eliminate you for further consideration. No refunds are issued for incomplete or late applications. Please visit https://iosolutions.com/product/la-grange-il-police-officer-application/ to fill out the application.