- Animal Licensing
Purchasing a License
Licenses are $10 and are available for purchase Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, during March and April at the Village Hall:
53 S. La Grange Road
La Grange, IL 60525
Phone: (708) 579-2301
PURCHASE ONLINE! For your convenience, residents are able to purchase vehicle and animal licenses online starting in early March. Use this free service.
Additional licensing details include:
- All dogs and cats more than three months old must be leashed and licensed.
- Animal licenses are due annually on April 30th.
- Animals found running at large are subject to being impounded at the animal shelter. This will result in additional fines and fees to the owner as well as shots for the animal if proof of vaccination cannot be determined.
- A penalty will be assessed on any animal licenses purchased after April 30th. Please note there is no grace period. If you do not receive a renewal form by the middle of March, please call and a form will be mailed.
- New residents have 30 days from the date they move to La Grange to purchase a license without penalty.
- Residents are still responsible for the purchase of animal licenses whether they receive a renewal form in the mail or not.
Required information to purchase an animal license include:
- Owner name, address, and telephone number
- Pet name, breed, color, sex, rabies number, and rabies expiration date
For More Information
If you have any questions regarding animal licensing, or concerns which you would like to share, please contact the Finance Department at (708) 579-2301.