- A licensee may transfer a vehicle sticker from the vehicle originally licensed to another vehicle purchased in the same year by purchasing a $1 transfer sticker. Both the portion of the old sticker indicating the number and the old receipt should be presented.
- Local ordinance requires that all vehicles housed or registered at a La Grange address must display a La Grange vehicle sticker.
- New residents have 30 days from the date they move to La Grange to purchase their licenses without penalty.
- Stickers must be displayed by May 1 to avoid penalties or traffic citations.
- Vehicle stickers should be displayed on the lower right-hand corner of the front windshield.
- All fees are non-refundable.
- Ambulatory handicapped individuals and ex-prisoners of war must provide a State of Illinois vehicle registration indicating they are ambulatory handicapped or ex-prisoners of war.
- Only one vehicle per household can qualify for a reduced rate.
- Senior citizens (age 65 or older by April 30) may either apply in person with a valid driver's license or send a photocopy of the driver's license with the application.
For More Information
If you have any questions regarding vehicle stickers and fees or concerns which you would like to share, please contact the Finance Department at (708) 579-2301.