Brush Pick-Up Service
Monthly Free Brush Pick-Up
The Village offers a free brush pick-up service once per month from April through November starting on the first Monday of the month. Types of brush include tree branches and shrub trimmings. Residents are invited to put these items out for removal on the Sunday prior to the week of pick-up, but no later than 7:00 am on the first Monday of each month. Brush pick-up generally starts at the east end of the Village one month, and then on the west end of the Village the following month. Please note it typically takes us one week to make it through the entire town. Items considered to be brush consist of fallen or cut branches and limbs from trees and bushes that cannot fit into a biodegradable paper bag or a 35-gallon reusable container for regular yard waste pick-up.
For 2019, brush pick-up weeks start on the following days:
- April 1
- May 6
- June 3
- July 1
- August 5
- September 3 - (Offices are closed September 2nd due to Labor Day holiday)
- October 7
- November 4
Brush Pick-Up Guidelines
In the interest of time and safety, we ask that residents place their brush on the parkway in the following manner:
- All brush must be placed in a neat compact pile on the parkway with cut ends facing the street with no roots attached. Piles should not extend the entire length of the parkway. One compact large pile is preferred over smaller separate piles.
- Brush must not be tied and should not be placed in containers
- Brush must not overhang into the street or sidewalk
- Do not place brush against a streetlight pole, fire hydrant, buffalo box, tree trunk, etc.
- Do not place brush under tree branches and other overhangs as it is difficult to pick up with the machine.
- All wire, vines, or other foreign objects must be removed
- No root balls, grass, leaves, or other yard waste can be mixed with the brush
- Branches can be no more than eight feet in length and eight inches in diameter
- Removal of branches or trees trimmed or removed by a contractor are the contractor's responsibility
- Diseased trees, tree trunks, logs, decaying, or rotted firewood will not be picked up
For additional information, please email the Public Works Department.