The Village offers a free brush pick-up service once per month from April through November during the first full week of the month. Types of brush include tree branches and shrub trimmings. Residents are invited to put these items out for removal on the Sunday prior to the week of pick-up, but no later than 7:00 am on the first Monday of each month.
Items considered to be brush consist of fallen or cut branches and limbs from trees and bushes which cannot fit into a biodegradable paper bag or a 35-gallon reusable container for regular yard waste pick-up.
For 2013, brush pick-up weeks start on the following days:
September 3 (Offices are closed September 2nd due to the Labor Day holiday)
In the interest of time and safety, we ask that residents place their brush on the parkway in the following manner:
* All brush must be placed in a neat compact pile on the parkway with cut ends facing the street with no roots attached. Piles should not extend the entire length of the parkway. One compact large pile is preferred over smaller separate piles.
* Brush must not be tied and should not be placed in containers
* Brush must not overhang into the street or sidewalk
* Do not place brush against a streetlight pole, fire hydrant, buffalo box, tree trunk, etc.
* All wire, vines or other foreign objects must be removed
* No root balls, grass, leaves or other yard waste can be mixed with the brush
* Branches can be no more than eight feet in length and eight inches in diameter
* Removal of branches or trees trimmed or removed by a contractor is the contractor’s responsibility
* Diseased trees, tree trunks, logs, decaying or rotted firewood will not be picked up
For additional information, please contact Department of Public Works at (708) 579-2328.