• In observance of the Christmas Day and New Year’s Day holidays, both on Fridays this year, the refuse collection schedule is as follows:
• Residents south of 47th Street will receive refuse collection service on Thursday, December 24 and Thursday, December 31.
• Residents north of 47th Street will receive refuse collection service on Monday, December 28 and Monday, January 4.
• Republic Service will collect Christmas trees from the parkway as part of the regularly scheduled refuse pick up day on January 4th and 7th and January 11th and 14th. There is no charge for this service, a sticker is not required. Please remove all ornaments, tinsel, lights and other inorganic material before placing the tree on the parkway.
• Wreaths, garland and similar holiday decorations should be discarded with your household refuse, for which a refuse sticker is required.
• As a public service announcement, Republic has prepared a “naughty and nice” checklist for either disposing or recycling your holiday gift packaging. Click here for more information.