At approximately 9:15 p.m. on Friday, January 29, there was an armed robbery at the intersection of Cossitt Avenue and Spring Avenue in La Grange. A similar incident was reported in La Grange Park the following night.
The Village would like to provide residents an update of its policing and investigative activities:
• On-duty officers immediately increased their patrol time in our residential neighborhoods.
• The Village has added “hire-back” officers to patrol our residential streets in unmarked units.
• There will also be visible police patrols in the Central Business District, both on foot and in vehicles, particularly on weekends.
• We are working in collaboration with La Grange Park and contacting other law enforcement agencies to further the investigation.
• Finally, there are several other investigative activities in progress that we cannot report on.
We appreciate the cooperation of our business community which has provided us with access to a significant amount of video surveillance.
We thank residents for their observations and request that you, as always, report any suspicious behavior, person or vehicle. Your mutual efforts have assisted the community in experiencing an overall decrease in robberies in 2015 versus 2014 and below the five-year rolling average of such cases. Additional police coverage as the result of the April 2015 referenda will also assist over the longer term.