Stay At Home Advisories
On Wednesday, November 11, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) published a recommendation that people stay home as much as possible for the next three weeks, leaving only for necessary and essential activities, such as work that must be performed outside the home, COVID-19 testing, visiting the pharmacy, and buying groceries. Today, the Cook County Department of Public Health published a similar Stay-At-Home Advisory. Effective 6:00 a.m. on Monday, November 16, Cook County advises residents and visitors to follow the below guidance for at least the next 30 days:
- Stay at home as much as possible and refrain from any non-essential activities. If going out:
- Wear a mask consistently and correctly over your nose and mouth.
- Avoid close contact with others and maintain a distance of at least 6 feet from others who do not live with you.
- Wash hands often with soap and water.
- Refrain from attending or hosting gatherings with people who do not live in your household. Postpone or host virtual holiday celebrations. Visit the All In Illinois website for 12 ideas of how to holiday safely.
- Do not engage in non-essential travel.
- As much as possible, work from home.
As a result of the recently released recommendations, and out of an abundance of caution, Village Hall will be closed to walk-in services beginning Monday, November 16. Village staff will remain at work and available via phone at (708) 579-2300 or email. Residents are encouraged to use the Village’s many online services and to conduct business through the remote options outlined on the Village website at www.lagrangeil.gov/COVID-19.
How You Can Help: Continue to Support our Businesses
Please continue to support our local restaurants and retailers this holiday season and take advantage of the wide variety of online, carry out, curbside delivery, and delivery options by visiting www.lagrangedelivers.com.
How You Can Help: Take Action Against COVID-19
Stay-at-home advisories are based on COVID-19 positivity rates. You can help support our local businesses by acting responsibly to slow the spread of illness, by following the below guidance from the CDC::
- Maintain a 6 feet social distance minimum.
- Wear a face mask when in public.
- Wash your hands often with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds.
- Clean and sanitize commonly used surfaces.
- Quarantine for 14 days if returning from a COVID-19 hotspot.
- Avoid group gatherings.
- Stay home when you are sick or experiencing symptoms of respiratory illness with fever, cough, or difficulty breathing.
- Get tested
- Avoid contact with others that are sick or experiencing COVID-19 like symptoms.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.