The Village’s fall leaf pick-up program will start on Monday, October 4, and continue through to November 24. Leaves will generally be collected every other week by the Public Works Department from each Village street at no additional cost to residents. During the heaviest portion of leaf season, it will take crews up to three weeks to get through the entire Village.
Leaves may be raked to the curb and street gutters to be removed by the Village's Public Works Department. Leaves should not be bagged for disposal, and no yard waste stickers are required for this service. We ask for your cooperation in placing the leaves at the proper location as explained in more detail below:
- Leaves should be raked into the gutter on streets with curbs.
- Leaves on La Grange Road, Ogden Avenue, 47th Street, East Avenue, west side of Brainard Avenue and the east side of Gilbert should be placed on the parkway.
- Please pile your leaves evenly, approximately one foot from the curb or edge of pavement.
- Do not rake leaves into one large pile.
- All leaves must be free of brush, branches, and other debris.
- Do not add brush, grass clippings or yard waste to leaf piles. The collection program is for leaves only.
- Keep catch basins clear of raked leaves. Clogged basins may cause street flooding.
- In the event of snow, we will make every effort to finish leaf collection once snow clearing operations have been completed.
As an alternative to raking and hauling leaves, residents should consider composting leaves or using them as mulch to cover a garden for the winter. Please note that leaves may be slippery when wet and to drive safely around large leaf piles. When the fall leaf collection program is not in effect, leaves can be included as part of the regular yard waste collection process from April 1 to December 15.
For more information please contact the Department of Public Works at (708) 579-2328.