Sewer Repair and lining is scheduled to occur on La Grange Road between Burlington Avenue and Harris Avenue beginning Sunday, April 10, 2022 to Saturday, April 16, 2022, depending on the weather. The scope of work for the project consists of replacing, repairing and lining underground sewer piping and restoration of concrete following excavations. Interruptions to water usage are not expected.
The work will primarily be performed in the evening to minimize impacts to businesses and the community.
-April 10-12, 2022: Working Hours of 11:00 PM – 6:00 AM (2 Nights) – west side of La Grange Road
- The Sewer excavation will occur in three locations. Old sewer will be replaced with new PVC pipe and manhole structures. Excavations will be backfilled and made ready for restoration.
- During the day, the area will remain fully accessible to vehicle and pedestrian traffic. Steel plates will cover any excavations. Sidewalks and Alleyways will remain open.
-April 12, 2022: Working Hours of 7:00 AM – 4:00 PM (1 Day)
- Restoration of concrete areas disturbed during replacement will occur.
- A concrete pour will occur on a section of the apron of the Alleyway on La Grange Road, Between Calendar Avenue and Harris Avenue.
- Please take Note: Vehicle Access to the Alleyway from La Grange Road, Between Calendar Avenue and Harris Avenue will not be accessible until 3-5 days of cure time has passed.
- The alleyway will still remain drivable beyond the field of work, but cannot be accessed from La Grange Road. It will remain a one way, with restricted access as there is not adequate turn around or maneuvering alternatives. Lot 3 or Lot 4 parking areas can be utilized for temporary overflow during these work days.
- Vehicle Access and normal traffic patterns are expected to be restored as soon as possible.
- Coordination with individual impacted businesses on delivery and refuse removal will be made in coordination with Public Works ahead of the work.
- The Police have been notified of the work and will monitor for impacts to parking and traffic flow.
-April 12-14, 2022: Working Hours of 11:00 PM – 6:00 AM (2 Nights)
- Sewer Lining with Cure in Place Pipe between manholes will occur to restore aged and degrading pipe.
The construction methodology uses a process called cured-in-place pipe lining. This method of sewer rehabilitation provides a new pipe within the existing sewer and does not require traditional open trench excavation methods.
Temporary traffic lane closures are anticipated on La Grange Road, between Calendar Avenue and Burlington Ave in the evenings during the night work, while heavy equipment is mobilized. Traffic Control signage will be displayed, and will be removed each evening following work to allow for normal traffic during morning commute and business hours.
On-street parking on the East side of La Grange Road, between Calendar and Burlington should not be impacted. Some parking spaces adjacent to the work will be temporarily unavailable.
Please obey construction signage and drive and walk carefully through work areas. Thank you for your cooperation.
If you have any questions regarding project activities, please contact the Department of Public Works at (708) 579-2328 x 206 with any questions, comments or concerns.