Brush collection begins the first Monday of each month, April through November. Please remember that brush may not be placed on the parkway until the Sunday evening before the scheduled pick-up week, but no later than 7:00 a.m. on the first Monday of each month.
Items considered to be brush consist of fallen or cut branches and limbs from trees and bushes which cannot fit into a biodegradable paper bag or a 35-gallon reusable container for regular yard waste pick-up.
Brush Pick-up Dates for 2011 are as follows:
July 5 (Offices are closed July 4th due to the holiday)
September 6 (Offices are closed September 5th due to the Labor Day holiday)
In the interest of efficient service delivery and safety, we ask that residents place their brush on the parkway in the following manner:
- All brush must be placed in a neat compact pile on the parkway with cut ends facing the street with no roots attached. Piles should not extend the entire length of the parkway. One compact large pile is preferred over smaller separate piles.
- Brush must not be tied and should not be placed in containers.
- Brush must not overhang into the street or sidewalk.
- Do not place brush against a streetlight pole, fire hydrant, buffalo box, tree trunk, etc.
- All wire, vines or other foreign objects must be removed; no root balls, grass, leaves or other yard waste can be mixed with the brush.
- Branches can be no more than 8 feet in length and 8 inches in diameter.
- Removal of branches or trees trimmed or removed by a contractor is the contractor’s responsibility.
- Diseased trees, tree trunks, logs, decaying or rotted firewood will not be picked up.
For additional information, please contact Department of Public Works at (708) 579-2328.